The word count for all articles will be between 1,000 and 1,500 words unless otherwise specified.
You should be able to write 1,000 words without any problems. Once you have a title, which I typically supply you with, you just need to create an outline - something we will cover later in these guidelines.
If you need help with an outline, just ask; "writer's block" is not an acceptable excuse in the non-fiction writing world. The information is out there, and I'm always able to help you.
When paying for writing, I round to the closest number, rounding down, that is, including 500, 1,000, 1,500, 2,000, and so on words per article.
If you wrote an article that was 1,250 words, the pay would be for 1,000 words unless an agreement or stipulation was made otherwise. If you'd like to discuss this, please do so before writing for me.
- Important phrases
- Keywords that are defined
- Phrases that need emphasis
- Bible verses (which should also be italicized)
A normal font will be used in Google docs unless otherwise specified. Use Arial, 11-point font in the darkest black color.
Point of View
- Hyperlinks are how links are shown in articles and shouldn't be more than 4 words long.
- All links should indicate what the page is about, not the website you are linking to necessarily.
- Don't excessively repeat links unless a direct quote or reference is mentioned specifically.
- If you have information that is covered by another link, you do not need to link to that source twice in a row.
- Do not link to well-known websites, like the home page of Netflix or Walmart.
- There should be at least one external link to a credible source like Harvard Business School or the New York Times.
- There should be at least one internal link to the client's website or another blog post written for the client.
- Research and write the article.
- Add internal and external links throughout.
- Make sure all keywords have been used correctly.
- Use Google Doc's spell-check tool.
- Check with Grammarly.
- Proofread (Read back the entire document to yourself aloud).
- Check the word count.
- Submit the article for review.